Belt Shop Associate
AboutMcGuire is a family-owned business that believes innovation can come from anyone. Most of our managers and directors started in entry-level driver or warehouse positions. We are invested in developing our team for the long term and have in-house computer and product training. Want to build your career in an atmosphere of quality and innovation? Join our family at McGuire.
McGuire Bearing is looking for a physically motivated individual to work in the conveyor belt shop. Individuals must be motivated by a job well done and take pride in what they do. Must be mechanically inclined and competent with math and basic geometry. As a conveyor belt specialist, you would be expected to be physically able to lift up to 100 lbs many times a day. Some travel would be occasionally required to do on site installs of conveyor belts and belt splices. You will learn different methods of how to splice conveyor belts together. The belt shop uses both mechanical fastener and vulcanization methods to achieve this. This is a trade that will be in constant demand for many years to come!
General Employee Responsibilities:
- Perform your job responsibilities consistent with McGuire Bearing Company’s mission and vision statements and guiding principles.
- Each employees’ job description is not all-encompassing. Every employee is expected to perform any task as directed by their manager or supervisor.
- Every employee is expected to comply with all company rules including the Employee Handbook, Safety Policy, and Quality Manual.
- Every employee will be assigned regular working hours. However, each employee will be expected to be flexible and work overtime with little or no notice to meet customer requirements.
- Employees are not allowed to operate any vehicles, forklifts, or shop equipment unless authorized to do so.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation between all external and internal customers.
Belt Shop Associate Responsibilities:
Location & Commitments
- 2530 W. Heyrend Way, Idaho Falls, ID 83402
- This is a full-time position.
- Hours are generally 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Medical and dental insurance.
- 401(k) contributions and matching.
- Yearly profit sharing.