AboutMcGuire is a family-owned business that believes innovation can come from anyone. Most of our managers and directors started in entry-level driver or warehouse positions. We are invested in developing our team for the long term and have in-house computer and product training. Want to build your career in an atmosphere of quality and innovation? Join our family at McGuire.
Understand your work instructions before starting any job. Machine, assemble and/or modify inventory components and raw materials to customer specifications, drawings, or blueprints. Maintain high quality and efficiency of parts and products. Assure that the customer receives the best possible service and pricing. Always work in a safe and productive manner.
General Employee Responsibilities:
- Perform your job responsibilities consistent with McGuire Bearing Company’s mission and vision statements and guiding principles.
- Each employees’ job description is not all-encompassing. Every employee is expected to perform any task as directed by their manager or supervisor.
- Every employee is expected to comply with all company rules including the Employee Handbook, Safety Policy, and Quality Manual.
- Every employee will be assigned regular working hours. However, each employee will be expected to be flexible and work overtime with little or no notice to meet customer requirements.
- Employees are not allowed to operate any vehicles, forklifts, or shop equipment unless authorized to do so.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation between all external and internal customers.
- Welding 1018-1045 material using MIG or Arc transfer.
- Heat treating, flame hardening.
- Provide technical assistance and advice and/or pricing.
- Clean up machines, floors, warehouse, etc.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment, machinery, and tooling.
- Maintain records, files, blueprints, drawings, pricing.
- Maintain and/or repair machines and gear boxes per customer specifications.
- Purchase of materials and tooling as needed and approved by supervisor.
- Know the shop and machine capabilities.
- Stay abreast of new changes and technology in the field.
- Be creative and positive to inspire customer confidence.
- Lathe work: drilling, turning, boring, and facing.
- Vertical Mill: keying shafts, plunge cutting.
- Drill Press: drilling, tapping, countersink.
- Keyseater: Cutting internal keyways.
- Hydraulic Press: broaching, bearings, bronze, nylatron, UHMW.
- Saws: cutting hot roll or cold roll materials.
- Building gearboxes.
Location & Commitments
- 947 SE Market St., Portland, OR 97214
- This is a full-time position.
- Hours are generally 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Two years vocational training or equivalent.
- Must have one year experience in spray arc and 7024 welding.
- Good physical condition.
- Be able to lift 70 pounds.
- Knowledge of how to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of machine shop operations and setup.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Medical and dental insurance.
- 401(k) contributions and matching.
- Yearly profit sharing.