AboutMcGuire is a family-owned business that believes innovation can come from anyone. Most of our managers and directors started in entry-level driver or warehouse positions. We are invested in developing our team for the long term and have in-house computer and product training. Want to build your career in an atmosphere of quality and innovation? Join our family at McGuire.
McGuire Bearing company is seeking an Outside Salesperson for our Salt Lake City, Utah branch that will be responsible for generating sales in an assigned territory, recommending bearing and power transmission components that best meet customer needs, participating in and supporting company sales programs, and developing personal and corporate relationships with customers.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, eager-to-learn, customer-focused person that helps get our customers what they need while acting in a manner consistent with McGuire Bearing Company’s mission and vision statements and guiding principles.
Check us out at mcguirebearing.com
This is a full-time salaried position. Hours are generally 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday, but occasionally there will be time outside normal hours needed to meet customer needs. The starting pay range is between $45k-$52k with lots of opportunity for growth. For those with more experience in the industry, the range can be $55k-$60k. We also offer a benefits package including territory commission, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) contributions and matching, and yearly profit sharing.
General Employee Responsibilities:
- Perform your job responsibilities consistent with McGuire Bearing Company’s mission and vision statements and guiding principles.
- Each employees’ job description is not all-encompassing. Every employee is expected to perform any task as directed by their manager or supervisor.
- Every employee is expected to comply with all company rules including the Employee Handbook, Safety Policy, and Quality Manual.
- Every employee will be assigned regular working hours. However, each employee will be expected to be flexible and work overtime with little or no notice to meet customer requirements.
- Employees are not allowed to operate any vehicles, forklifts, or shop equipment unless authorized to do so.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation between all external and internal customers.
Outside Sales Responsibilities:
- Efficiently plan sales calls with Business Development Representatives & Customer Relationship Management software to maintain and increase sales with existing accounts while developing new key accounts.
- Build relationships with high-potential customers & use expense account responsibly.
- Maintain and develop bearing and power transmission product knowledge, identify and recommend special items to meet customer needs, and present new and existing product lines in an organized manner.
- Be alert for and qualify new accounts as to gross sales potential, SIC code, pricing levels, and call frequency.
- Develop/maintain product knowledge and sales techniques by attending sales meetings & seminars and completing supplier training courses, as needed.
- Fill out appropriate paperwork that must accompany all parts entering and leaving McGuire Bearing Company.
- Fill in for Inside Sales as needed.
- Maintain service records on company vehicles, call reports, and mileage logs.
- Submit accurate and thorough expense reports.
- Submit suggested customer type and price sheets for management approval on new accounts.
- Complete RGA forms with all returned goods on the same day that the return is made.
Location & Commitments
- 3287 W. Parkway Blvd. Suite A, Salt Lake City, UT 84119
- This is a full-time position.
- Hours are generally 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Preferred – Previous power transmission &/or inside sales experience.
- Preferred – Mechanical and/or electrical aptitude.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills with a customer-first attitude.
- Personal integrity.
- Adaptable, self-starter with good time and territory management skills.
- Eager to learn and grow.
- Valid driver’s license & good driving record.
- Medical and dental insurance.
- 401(k) contributions and matching.
- Yearly profit sharing.