Customer Service / Inside Sales
AboutMcGuire is a family-owned business that believes innovation can come from anyone. Most of our managers and directors started in entry-level driver or warehouse positions. We are invested in developing our team for the long term and have in-house computer and product training. Want to build your career in an atmosphere of quality and innovation? Join our family at McGuire.
McGuire Bearing company is looking to hire a Customer Service Representative for our Salt Lake City branch that will be responsible for thoroughly processing customer requests and orders by telephone, fax, email, or over the counter in a courteous and professional manner. CSRs must be aware of profitability and branch performances as well as purchasing local buyout items.
A successful candidate will be positive, friendly, level-headed, and take initiative to help our customers get what they need. They will also act in a manner consistent with McGuire Bearing Company’s mission and vision statements and guiding principles.
This is a full-time position. Hours are generally 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday, but occasional overtime may be needed to meet customer needs. We have an excellent benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) contributions and matching, & yearly profit sharing.
General Employee Responsibilities:
- Perform your job responsibilities consistent with McGuire Bearing Company’s mission and vision statements and guiding principles.
- Each employees’ job description is not all-encompassing. Every employee is expected to perform any task as directed by their manager or supervisor.
- Every employee is expected to comply with all company rules including the Employee Handbook, Safety Policy, and Quality Manual.
- Every employee will be assigned regular working hours. However, each employee will be expected to be flexible and work overtime with little or no notice to meet customer requirements.
- Employees are not allowed to operate any vehicles, forklifts, or shop equipment unless authorized to do so.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation between all external and internal customers.
Customer Service / Inside Sales Responsibilities:
- Promptly answer/return phone calls and assist counter customers in an expedient and courteous manner.
- Process orders thoroughly and accurately including complete and understandable instructions on all aspects of each order.
- Provide appropriate design assistance to meet customer special needs.
- Keep up to date on new products, vendor updates, etc. & be aware of alternative sources.
- Receive returned merchandise from customers and write up an RGA within 24 hours.
- Coordinate efforts with all appropriate departments and personnel to ensure customer satisfaction.
Location & Commitments
- 3287 W. Parkway Blvd. Suite A, Salt Lake City, UT 84119
- This is a full-time position.
- Hours are generally 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Preferred – Previous power transmission and/or sales experience.
- Preferred – Mechanical and/or electrical aptitude.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient with computers.
- Good organizational and basic math skills.
- Must be a quick learner and able to prioritize, multi-task, stay calm and collected under pressure.
- Must be friendly, empathetic, and able to work with a wide variety of people and personalities.
- Medical and dental insurance.
- 401(k) contributions and matching.
- Yearly profit sharing.