Limit the Use of My Sensitive Personal Information
Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CPRA”), collectively referred to as “California Consumer Privacy Laws,” allow you to limit the sale and sharing of your personal information.
We do not sell any of your personal information.
We share your personal information for limited purposes, including:
- Responding to your requests.
- Internally processing goods or services rendered.
- Direct marketing (mailing lists).
We protect your personal information by:
- Limiting the amount of personal information that we collect to what is strictly necessary for providing goods or services.
- Using SSL encryption to provide a secure connection.
- Maintaining up-to-date software.
- Destroying the personal information that we no longer need.
Personal information collected is retained only for as long as it is reasonably necessary to fulfill our orders and services provided to you.
Limit the Use or Disclosure of My Sensitive Personal Information
The California Consumer Privacy Laws also allow you to limit the use or disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information (“SPI”).
We collect SPI:
- To provide goods and services to our customers.
- To process credit approvals for sole-prop accounts.
- For employment applications.
We will notify you directly if we intend to use your SPI for any additional purposes.
You have the right to limit the use or disclosure of your SPI if we are using your SPI beyond what is reasonable and proportionate to provide the requested goods and services. You can make a request for us to limit the use or disclosure of your SPI by completing the form below.
If you have any questions or would like to exercise any of your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Laws, please contact us by completing the form below and we will respond within 45 days. The California Consumer Privacy Laws allow you to request your information from us up to twice during a twelve (12) month period.
If you have a complex request, the California Consumer Privacy Laws allow us up to 90 days to respond. We will still contact you within 45 days from your inquiry to let you know we need more time to respond.